After searching the last couple of weeks for the perfect Valentine’s Day card for Blair, I gave up. I couldn’t find one… I know there are tons of cards out there, but most of them are too cheesy or just dumb, so I decided to make one myself.
Now, Blair and I are HUGE Disney fans. We love everything Disney – Blair even proposed to me at Disneyland! So it made sense to me to make something Mickey and Minnie related for Valentine’s Day…
To make a Mickey and Minnie Valentine’s Day Card, you’ll need:
- A blank white card with an envelope *You can buy a pack of them at Walmart.
- Black Sharpie
- Red scrapbook paper
- Glue stick
- Images of a Mickey Mouse silhouette and a Minnie Mouse bow *I used simple ones I found off of Google – You’re just tracing the basic shape so they don’t need to look wonderful.
To make the Mickey Card, just:
- Trace the Mickey silhouette onto the blank card with a pencil
- Carefully cut along the tracing
Then, to make the Minnie Bow:
- Trace the bow shape onto the piece of red paper
- Cut out
- Outline the bow shape with a Sharpie *Time to get creative! My bow is far from perfect, but I looked at a few bows online and just mimicked the outlines I saw.
- Glue the bow onto the inside right ear
- Put your special message inside the card. Just make sure it is something from the heart!
After finishing this project, I literally got butterflies in my stomach. It makes me beyond happy and I’m so excited to watch Blair open the envelope and see this. I know he’ll LOVE it and I can’t wait to give it to him!
Update: He LOVED it!