Thankfully, I’m starting to get really busy again. I start school up tomorrow, continuing to write and work on The Real Sweetheart, still exercising and working on some side projects for the Draper-in-laws. Oh, and Blair and I are dog-sitting a Golden Retriever pup for the next 10 days!
I’m pretty sure after all is said and done I’m going to be pretty exhausted! I’m still excited though. These are conditions that I work best in and I’m excited to see the outcomes!
That being said, life still continues and dinner still needs to be made. So to make my life a tad easier today, I brought out my trusted Crock-Pot!
Tonight’s Busy Day Dinner? Citrus Pork Tacos, with a big ole glass of Coca-Cola to wash it all down.
First, get some:
- Pork – any cut
- Grill Mates Marinade (Baja Citrus and Mojito Lime ~ I use both)
- 1 can of chicken broth (this seems weird, but it’s purely used to add some more flavor)
- 1 orange
- 1 lime
- Corn tortillas
- The toppings (sour cream, tomatoes, cabbage/lettuce, onions, cheese)
- Follow the directions on the the marinades and mix it together in the Crock-Pot ~ I omitted the oil the Grill Mates call for the second time I made this.
- Add the Pork and orange/lime slices
- Mix everything together!
- Put it on low for 4 hours ~ I honestly think this depends on your Crock-Pot, but this is the perfect time and temperature for me!
- Once everything is cooked through, cube up the pork and place it back into the “juice” to enhance the pork even more
- Fry up some corn tortillas, add the meat and toppings and enjoy!
Something we do here is sprinkle some Parmesan cheese onto the tortilla after frying it up. It adds a little salty taste to the tortilla and sucks up the excess oil. It adds the perfect finishing touch!