There’s an awesome burrito place here in Reno and they serve the best Chili Relleno burrito. I mean it’s to die for… So mouth watering good. Anywho, in an attempt to save more money, Blair and I sadly turned down an opportunity to get ourselves some Super Burrito the other day. We were sad, but out of that sadness came some true genius mind gold! The birth of the Chili Relleno Burrito Pie or “cheesecake”.
Super easy, super fast. Delicious and Instant Pot worthy. Enjoy!
Here’s the easy-peasy recipe!
- Medium sized flour tortillas *I love Tortilla Land uncooked flour tortillas, but any flour tortilla will do!
- Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- Canned refried beans
- Las Palmas whole green chilies *large can
- Spring form pan *I use the 6-inch Fat Daddio’s pan
- Aluminum foil
- Instant Pot + trivet
- Place tortilla on the bottom of the spring form pan
- Next layer about 1/4 cup of refried beans on top of the tortilla
- Then add about 1/4 cup of cheese blend
- Cut the whole green chilis in half and pat them dry to remove any extra liquid
- Create a flat layer of green chilies on top of the cheese
- Then repeat steps 1-5 until you have reached the top. Make sure not to overfill the pan.
- For the last layer, I decided to just use cheese and green chilies. But if you have room for beans and want some more, then go ahead and add them!
- Place a piece of aluminum to cover the top of the pan to prevent steam from pooling on the upper layer
- Add 1 cup of water to IP then place inside and cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes. Make sure the trivet is in the IP so the pan isn’t sitting in the water. *Use the aluminum foil to make slings for the trivet to help lift the pan out. See photo below.
- Turn the steam valve on quick release after the timer goes off.
- Pat dry the top with a paper towel if it seems like too much steam got on top. Broil for a crispy finish.