King Size Bed.
That’s where it all began. A Living Social deal too good to pass up came our way and we jumped on top of it. A memory foam mattress – king size- for $394? SCORE! And since then my mind has just been filled with endless ideas to make our bedroom some place we both truly love to be in!
Enter the inspiration – a platform bed inspired by Pottery Barn’s Teen Hampton Planked Platform Bed. When originally looking for ideas, I found this bed on the wonderful blog Crab & Fish and fell in love! And once I realized that the amazing Ana White had actually written up FREE in-depth plans for the bed, I knew Blair and I were in for a full on bedroom makeover!
Below are some additional things I’ve gotten and done already in anticipation of the arrival of our mattress and making the platform bed.The bedroom makeover probably could have come at a better time, especially considering finals and block leave are coming up within the next week… But hey, a little procrastination never hurts!
Already Home Depot, Big Lots and The Dollar Store have helped me spruce up our bedroom so much!
And the costs so far for our bedroom makeover have been:
- Redoing the nesting tables: $20.21 not including our Home Depot Military Discount (which, by the way, is 10% off)
- Curtains and Curtain Rods: $15
- DIY Bedside Flowers and Accent Pillows: $$3.50
- King Size Comforter: $70 from Big Lots
- Spruced up Frame: $3.70 for the spray paint
- King Size Memory Foam Mattress: $394
- Platform Bed: TBA – thinking $100 or less!
Grand total including the platform bed project: $602.91
Not too bad in my books! Check out the beautiful DIY Bedside Flowers I’ve already done and stay tuned for updates on this little adventure!