It’s days like those that I’m thankful that Blair had a 24 hour shift. Now, it’s weird for me to say that because I hate them for the most part, but yesterday was different. It was chaotic to say the least and the only way to properly end it was by doing crafts while laying in bed eating strawberries and chocolate chips while not caring if I dropped a chocolate chip on our white linen bed. Ya, it was just one of those days…
Since my original plan of doing a sewing project was thrown out the window practically within 30 minutes of waking up, I knew I needed to get my mind off what it was worrying about. That’s when it hit me what I wanted to do. I wanted to add a felt heart to my makeup bag.
A while back I had pinned something just like this from Etsy. It’s simply adorable and I’ve wanted it for quite a while now – so last night I just decided to make it myself. To begin I just grabbed my makeup bag . It’s big, waterproof, lined and has an outside pocket (perfect to store all of my brushes). It’s actually a toiletry bag from an Army supply store called Ranger Joe’s, but it is by far the most perfect bag to use for makeup – I love it!
Anywho, To Make a Felt Heart ACU Makeup Bag, you’ll need:
- An ACU toiletry bag (You can buy one here or at any Army supply store)
- A sheet of felt in the color of your choosing
- Embroidery thread
- Embroidery needle
This is by far one of the easiest and quickest projects an Army wife can do to spruce up anything digicam.
The steps go like this:
- Cut a heart shape out of the felt sheet
- Position the heart where you want it on the bag *I used a little bit of spray adhesive on the back of it to make it stick to bag while I did the next step
- Using the embroidery thread, sew the heart onto the bag
- Knot the thread and take a step back to admire your adorable Felt Heart ACU Makeup Bag!
See how easy and simple that is?! Not only is it adorable, but it ends up being way more cost effective to make it yourself. Score! 🙂