I’m not going to lie – I do have naturally long eyelashes (thanks to my beautiful mama!), but I’m all for making them even longer and healthier! And with it being the new year, I’ve been trying to stay on top of keeping my skin and hair in good condition before they naturally start going downhill with age.
Like most girls, I love my mascara and liquid eyeliner, but I can tell they definitley take a toll on my lashes. Lost eyelashes are not uncommon for me – and by lost I mean they straight up fall out.
So what do I do to keep them healthy and grow? I rub baby oil on my eyelashes!
Now that might seem weird, but I can tell you that over the past month of doing this religiously before I go to bed that it has worked wonders. I’ve noticed even longer and thicker lashes, less lost eyelashes and when they are lost, quicker growth.
I personally use Walmart’s generic lavender baby oil (mild formula). It costs only $2.47 for a 14 oz. bottle, so it fits well into my Army budget. Much more cost effective than going out and buying a product that is mind-blowingly expensive, right?
All I simply do is:
1. Remove my makeup – I use Pond’s Cold Cream with a washcloth and it too works wonders!
2. Wash my face. *Wash your face accordingly to your skin type. This is vital to keeping away blemishes!
3. Get a Q-tip and gently squeeze the bottle of baby oil on the end of it until it is moistened.
4. Do a sweeping motion along the top and bottom lash line. This part is actually quite relaxing for me. 🙂
5. Flip the Q-tip to the other end and repeat steps 3 and 4 on the other eye. *You’ll want to use the other end of the Q-tip on the other eye for sanitary reasons. That way you prevent anything you might have in one eye from transferring to the other!
* I personally have sensitive skin and have no problems doing this. However, do test it on one eye before doing it on both!
Sadly with things like this, you have to have patience and work on making it a routine. But if you do, the results are well worth it! So go ahead and give it a try!